Coffee is by my side, a snack, my iPad, phone, candle, crystals, and a sexy velvet blanket against my raised feet. “I am ready”, I think to myself. I’ve had some clients sign on and found in some Facebook groups by posting my cool graphics along with some information on what women receive when they work with me. There are even some reviews on my business page, and I finally made a little profit this month after paying the bills.
Life feels new, exciting, and full of fire! I log into my social media accounts and begin the whole thing over again week after week. I am taking a couple of online business courses and feel in control of my destiny!
Suddenly 1 week rolls on through without any new business. Then another, and another, and another with no end in sight and I’m violently tossed around in a tornado of thoughts saying I am a failure. How can it go so right and then so poorly? Panic sets in immediately and I might pass out. I feel like I have been drinking for three days straight with my makeup still on! I am a hot mess. A few weeks ago, my life was exciting, and I was in full control. Today, I feel as if my life is total madness. Where the fuck did I lose control?! I start losing control thinking about it. I lose control thinking about what my family will say when I tell them I haven’t made enough money this month. It’s a desperate situation, and I feel as if I did everything right to make things work, now I am not so sure.
WTF is missing? Trust. Wait, what? I’ve completely forgotten to trust
myself. When I trust fully and completely I consistently make significant choices to facilitate my dreams. Trust is the part most entrepreneurs skip over because they are going down the “fake it till you make it” road. While that path will take you places, your audience will eventually realize something is off about your online presence. During
What I haven’t brought up is the fact to truly be visible in your online business you have to trust both you and the world. They are intertwined and critical elements to run a successful entrepreneurial life that actually supports you financially and emotionally.
Balance in business begins with trust, then branches into visibility, which supports your brand identity, marketing, and sales efforts. Remember, both your personal and professional trust are one and the same. They call online businesses “lifestyle” businesses for a reason. Embrace the facts if you have personal issues like trust, the challenge will present itself in your business whether you want it to or not.
Visibility in online business and for your overall brand identity is a critical element and needs your attention and trust.
What visibility is not:
- It’s not telling all your secrets (although I do tell some)
not NOTwearing makeup live (sometimes I don’t makeup)
- It’s not crying on camera (unless it’s natural. I have.)
- It’s not using the F word (well, it is for me. Lately I’ve been
- It’s not doing something that feels opposite of beliefs (sometimes this gets confused with fear)
- It’s not triggering other people to get more views (unless you want to trigger them)
- It’s not hiding in a closet with your phone to go LIVE (unless it is absolutely the only place you have!)
- It’s not being embarrassed
ofwho you are (unless you do something embarrassing like dropping your phone during a
- It’s not questioning your authority (you are always the boss lady. Unless you’re drinking a margarita at 8:30 am, Now you’re the drunk lady)
- It’s not feeling like a fraud (
believein yourself damn it!)
- It’s not feeling drained (unless you just batched content for 8 hours straight!)
- It’s not dressing up when you typically dress down
- It’s not engaging with an audience who you don’t respect
- It’s not what you think popular means (but sometimes it feels as if I am back in high school)
- It’s not sharing untruths (don’t be a liar!!! It will come out)
- It’s not always smiling (the other day I was a judgmental bitch)
- It’s not for showing off (well sometimes it is!)
- It’s not a place to be the perfect YOU (time to get messy!)
What visibility is:
Visibility is experimenting with everything out there with the expectation of fun and testing things out. It is putting you forward into the spotlight for your audience to get to know the real you. You know, the audience who is so giving, full of love and respect for you, the ones who lift you up when everything is crashing down, those women who have your back when you feel like you’re a mountain and the rest of the world is the sea? That. Get out there and tell us why you’re doing what you’re doing. Let us inside of your world. You are special, exciting, have a message and story. We do want to see you in every light! I love your sunshine and your dark; so, will everyone else.
You cannot experience the real motion of your energy machine until you reveal it all. Get real with yourself. Stop overanalyzing your life away. Time is precious. Light your fucking soul up and spread your fire across the globe! Start doing and think later. Revel in the imperfection of your life and fold yourself open layer by layer. I am not saying it is going to be easy.
For me? I ugly cried many times because uncovering my truth was like standing naked in front of the world to be judged. It felt like I was being swallowed whole by a tidal wave. In the end? Well, I am not there yet. Like a mad scientist going through her daily experiments, I walk on with my head held high having too many failures to count. I’m constantly in motion with thoughts of the perfect flow just around the next corner. I keep going and get more and more visible each week. A student of life with my never-ending desire to constantly put myself in the fire. Am I a success? Yes. Am I a failure? Yes. Do I trust myself? 99% of the time. Am I visible? Fuck yes!